If you haven't heard, dj /rupture is the hottest thing going right now, picking up rave critical reviews and being spotted on the top 10 lists of the likes of Hrvatski. Go listen to his notorious mix-cd gold teeth thief right now, and check out the unbelievably eclectic tracklisting. Definitely going to have to track down a copy of his new mix, Minesweeper Suite, soon.
While we're at it, a tentative new music shopping list:
1. Sigur Ros - ( )
2. Biosphere - Shenzhou
3. Keith Fullerton Whitman (aka Hrvatski) - Playthroughs
4. Kim Hiorthoy - Hei
 Hrvatski's recent pitchfork article includes this choice quotation on the state of modern electronica:
I have visions of a traveling caravan of brutal-prog bands coming to my town, activated sterno spaying out of the tips of their instruments, laying waste to so many apathetic indie groups just keeping on keeping on (add the ones who, like, just discovered garage rock yesterday and decided to drop the samplers Radiohead told them to buy in a dream and 'get back to their roots'). Should the levels of dada-in-practice raise any higher, we all are surely doomed (nowhere to go but down). If only this would catch on like said wild fire and my PO box would suddenly become flooded with 99-track CD-R demos totaling eight-minutes instead of so many bland sexless VST-instrument preset, drumbreaks-sampled-wholesale-from-akai-library-cds, 16th-note-quantized, ableton live/aol 7.0 IDM joints with cracked architecture covers made by white multiple-computer-owning males 18-25 with little-to-no social grace and rejection issues, that would be very, very... Gratifying.
Nov 19, 12:46 AM
Very cool exhibit of urban found art from Soho, including street posters, graffiti, stencils and stickers. Reminiscent of my own collection of street images. Thanks to linkworld.
Nov 17, 9:47 PM
Eric Myers Photography has a very interesting photo project up currently where you can create artifical portraits by combining the upper half of one facial photo with the lower half of another, much like those split flip-books many of us played with when we were younger. It's very well done, almost all of the combinations look natural, yet somehow exotic. Check it out.
Nov 17, 9:44 PM
Everbody seems to be doing it, so here's what googlism has to say regarding deconstructor:
- deconstructor is moving asymptotically closer to what i want it to be
- deconstructor is developing quite nicely
- deconstructor is postcardware from lloyd burchill
- deconstructor is exactly that
- deconstructor is also a great tool to experiment with forms and to create death
- deconstructor is emmited in the guile module
- deconstructor is undoubtedly barbara johnson
- deconstructor is known by the little tilde
- deconstructor is fun type
- deconstructor is more likely to find an older somewhat dilapidated structures in need of removal
- deconstructor is always forced to borrow the syntactic and lexical resources of the deconstructed
- deconstructor is the exact opposite of the new critic
- deconstructor is constrained to one bit per cycle
- deconstructor is the postmodern educationalist
Nov 11, 12:40 AM